Bentonite Clay employs its powerful negative charge to absorb then draw out positively charged toxins, environmental pollutants and heavy metals from the body.
It makes a wonderful choice for acute or general detoxification and a particularly wonderful tool to detoxify the skin. This is why you will often see Bentonite Clayas a key active ingredient in many off-the-shelf face masks. The benefit of making your own mask from raw materials is that you will know exactly what ingredients are going onto your skin.
Clay retains moisture while your skin soaks in vital minerals required for tissue repair and rejuvenation. Bentonite Clayassists with providing oxygen to the cells and also has an alkalising effect.
Ingredients & Tools
1 tbsp Cell Squared Bentonite Clay
2 tbsp Filtered Water
Optional: Essential Oils [Lavender or Tea Tree], Honey, Yogurt]
**It is best to apply this mask in the evening, prior to applying your night-time skin routine to avoid applying makeup directly after.
**Mask can be applied 2-3 times per week
**People with sensitive skin or allergies - always test on a small area first
Begin by thoroughly cleansing the skin
- Fill a small bowl with 2 tbsp of filtered water
- Use a plastic or wooden spoon to slowly sprinkle the clay into the water, mixing as you go.
- Continue to add small amounts of the clay until you achieve an appropriate face mask consistency. If the mask appears too dry then add a little more water and vice versa.
- If desired, you can add essential oils, honey or yogurt to the mixture depending on your individual intent for the treatment, however the Bentonite clay alone will provide an effective skin detoxification.
- Paint the mask onto your face with either a brush or your finger, avoiding the delicate eye area.
- Using a wet facecloth, wash the mask off 15-20 minutes after applying. [For sensitive skin, remove the mask 5 minutes after applying].
- Pat your skin with a towel to remove excess water.
- Sometimes skin can be a little dry afterwards, apply preferred moisturiser if required.