Bursting with zesty lemon flavour combined with sweet coconut, these delicious muffins are light yet moist, and so moreish! They’re incredibly quick and easy to make, requires 8 ingredients, plus they’re free from gluten, grains, sugar and can be dairy free too.
1 ¼ cups blanched almond meal
2 tablespoons coconut flour
4 tablespoons melted Cell Squared Organic Ghee or Coconut Oil (or a mix of the two)
4 tablespoons Coconut Butter
Zest and juice of 2 lemons (roughly ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
¼ cup + 1 tablespoon of granulated sweetener of choice
¾ teaspoon baking soda
A sprinkle of shredded coconut for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Generously grease a muffin tin with coconut oil or ghee or line it with 8 muffin liners.
- Add all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until evenly combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin evenly. Don’t worry if the batter is a weird texture, it cooks perfectly.
- Grease your fingertips with some melted coconut oil and gently press the tops of the muffin batter down into the tin evenly to smooth the tops.
- Place the muffin tray into the oven and bake for 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. If you haven’t used muffin liners, carefully run a knife around the outside of each muffin to help release them from the tin.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry. Best eaten within 3 days.