This easy chicken and veggie stir fry is loaded with veggies and it’s so quick to throw together for a weeknight dinner. The garlic and ginger sauce is packed with flavour and made with Paleo and Low-carb friendly ingredients.
½ a zucchini, sliced thinly into strips
1 carrot, sliced into matchsticks
½ cup cauliflower florets
½ cup chard or silverbeet, chopped
6 medium sized mushrooms sliced in 3-4 slices
6 asparagus stalks, chopped into thirds
1-2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
2-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons coconut aminos or gluten-free tamari
A sprinkle of Cell Squared Sea Salt Flakes, to taste
Optional; chilli flakes, to taste 1 cup leftover roast chicken, chopped
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of ghee and allow it to melt.
- Add the carrot, cauliflower and asparagus to the frying pan and stir.
- Place the lid on top and allow the veggies to steam for a few minutes.
- Add the zucchini and stir through. Place the lid back on and continue cooking the veggies for a few more minutes.
- Add the grated ginger, coconut aminos or tamari, chilli flakes (if adding them in), chard or silverbeet and chicken and mix through.
- In a separate frying pan, heat on medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of gheeand allow it to melt.
- Once heated, add the mushroom pieces (don’t overcrowd the frying pan) and cook on each side until crispy and golden brown. You can add a touch more ghee if needed here as the mushrooms soak it up quickly.
- Add the crushed garlic and continue cooking and stir through to allow the garlic to coat all of the mushrooms.
- Remove both frying pans from the heat.
- Place the veggies and chicken into 2 bowls and top with the crispy mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with Cell Squared Sea Salt Flakes to taste. Serve and enjoy!