These Herbed Beet & Goats' Cheese Fritters with Hidden Beef Liver are the PERFECT nutrient-dense recipe to have on hand when time gets away.
Packed with vitamins, minerals, healthy fats & protein, these handy little fritterspacked with beef liver can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
If you’ve been wanting to add more beef liver to your diet but just aren’t sure how, look no further than these flavourful fritters! You’ll be kicking yourself for not adding beef liver to your diet sooner!
Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
- 2 cups packed, peeled, trimmed and finely grated beetroot
- 3 small/2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped, packed parsley (leaves only)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped, packed mint (leaves only)
- 8 Cell Squared Grass Fed Beef Liver capsules or 1 1/3 tsp Cell Squared Beef Liver Powder
- 200g goats' cheese or feta
- 1⁄2 tsp group cumin
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp Cell Squared Organic Ghee (for frying)
- 2/3 cup yoghurt of choice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cucumber, very finely grated
- a few pinches smoked paprika
- Cucumber slices
- Fermented veggies or pickles
1. If you've not done so already wash your produce. Trim the root off the beetroot and peel off the skin. Grate the beetroot using the finer holes on your grated (if you only have a large, holed grater that's ok, it'll still work just fine). Remove leaves from herbs and finely chop, then pack into a measuring cup to measure.
2. Place beetroot over a fine sieve and take 2-3 minutes to squeeze out all the excess juice that you can- this will make the fritters crispier.
3. Add beetroot into a large mixing bowl with all remaining ingredients. Mix well until deep red and uniform.
4. Heat a frypan over medium heat. Once hot add 1 Tbsp Organic Ghee and heat for 30s. Add the beetroot mix in 1⁄4 cup measurements, squashing each patty so it is 1-2cm thick. Fry for 5 minutes then flip and fry the other side for 5 minutes. Repeat until all the mixture has been cooked (this should make 8-9 patties).
NOTE- for best results leave lots of room between each patty while
cooking to give the best texture. Meanwhile, mix all the dipping sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
5. Enjoy patties while still warm served with dipping sauce and topped with cucumber, or pickles