Organ meats are incredibly nutritious, containing many vitamins and minerals to nourish the body. Unfortunately, most of us don't know how to include organ meats in our diets nearly as often as we should (if ever!) either due to quality organ meat being difficult to source, because of their taste, or not knowing how to include them in your weekly recipes.
Our recently reformulated freeze-dried organic beef organs powder is a convenient way to include quality organ meat in your diet more regularly, and this hearty beef stew recipe is a perfect place to start! Made with simple, authentic ingredients, this beef stew conceals the organ meats wonderfully whilst packing a flavoursome punch!
This beef stew recipe is the perfect comfort food that packs an extra nutritious punch. Full of nourishing ingredients our hidden organ beef stew is guaranteed to be a fast favourite for you and the fam!
- 1.5kg grass-fed beef chuck roast
- 2 carrots (omit if keto)
- 4 stems celery
- 1 leek
- 1.8-2L chicken or beef stock or bone broth
- 6-8 mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp thyme or other fresh herbs such as rosemary, sage or oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp Cell Squared Ghee, for frying
- 1 -1.5 Tbsp Cell Squared Beef Liver Powder or Beef Organ Powder
- Preheat the oven to 120C.
- Dice the carrots, leek and celery.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp ghee. Add the veggies and saute for 5 or so minutes, or until they have a bit of colour on them.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the sauteed veggies into a large oven proof dish.
- Dice the beef into medium sized pieces.
- Heat the same frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp ghee and fry the meat in batches so you don’t overcrowd the pan. Brown the meat all over.
- When it’s ready, add the browned meat into the dish with the veggies.
- If you’re adding in the mushrooms, add a 1-2 Tbsp of ghee to the same frying pan and add them in. Fry until they have some colour on them. Pour them into the meat and veggie mix.
- Then add the thyme, salt, pepper and stock or bone broth in and stir to combine. Place the lid on. If the oven dish you’re using doesn’t have a lid, pop a piece of unbleached baking paper on top.
- Place into the oven and bake for 4-4.5 hours.
- Remove from the oven. Mix in the beef liver or beef organ powder just before serving.
- Serve with cauliflower puree, cooked and cooled rice or on a bed of greens.
- For a low carb version, you can simply omit the carrot.
- If you want to turn the liquid into a gravy, pour it off into a saucepan and add 1 Tbsp cassava flour. Whisk together to remove the lumps and allow to reduce and thicken until you reach your desired consistency then mix back into the beef and veggies.
- For added nutrient-density, try adding Cell Squared Grass-fed Beef Collagen Peptides. This can be stirred through the main mix (allow for 1 serve of Collagen per person),or added into individual servings once plated.