You guys know by now that we are all for keeping ingredients simple and these animal based collagen pancakesare about as simple as it gets!
With only 3 core animal based ingredients (Banana, Eggs & Collagen Powder), our banana animal based pancakes are such a quick recipe to put together for yourself or the fam. With a healthy serving of protein (approx. 40g) these can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
Our collagen animal based pancake recipe is packed full of delicious bananas and protein will keep you going all day long! Not only are our Animal Based Collagen Banana Pancakes super simple to prepare, they’re super delicious too!
We of course like to add a dose of our ACO certified organic grass-fed beef liver powder to ours for an extra nutrient boost!
Serves 1 adult (or 2 kiddies)
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium, ripe banana, peeled
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla beans (optional)
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup Cell Squared Grass-fed Beef Collagen Peptides
- 1 tsp Cell Squared Grass-Fed Beef Liver Powder or Capsules (if you only have capsules handy, simply break 6 open to access the same amount of powder)
- 1⁄2 tsp Cell Squared Bicarb Soda
- Cell Squared Organic Grass-Fed Ghee for cooking
To Serve: Serve with toppings of your choosing which could include fresh berries, raw honey, thick cream, or simply a dollop of Cell Squared Organic Grass-Fed Ghee
- Add eggs and banana to a bowl and mash together until liquid - you can also use a stick blender here. A few small lumps are ok, but ensure you mash/blend out all the big lumps of banana.
- Add the spices, bicarb, beef collagenand freeze-dried organic beef liver powder and combine until just uniform. The batter will be quite thin- this is correct!
- When you're ready to cook heat a skillet over a medium flame. Once hot, reduce flame to low then add a tsp of organic ghee. Heat for 30 seconds then add pancake mixture in about 1⁄4 cup measurements.
- Cook the first side for approx. 5 minutes or until the top is has some bubbles coming through and the mixture doesn't look completely liquid anymore. Flip and cook the second side for 2-4 minutes, then flip back to the first side and cook for a further 2 minutes. As there is no flour holding these pancakes together, they turn out better when you cook each side twice. Note - keep pancakes warm in a low oven if you're not serving straight away.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Serve freshly cooked pancakes with Grass Fed Ghee and enjoy immediately.