This Stuffed & Roasted Pumpkin recipe is the perfect disguise for sneaking in Beef Liver Powder's nutrients! With just 8 ingredients, the recipe is so easy to prepare, and so tasty that no one will ever know your secret ingredient!
- 1 medium sized butternut pumpkin, cut in half lengthwise
- 400g grass-fed beef or lamb mince
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or ½ - 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- ½ - 1 Tbsp Cell Squared Organic Liver Powder
- 1 ½ cups good quality, additive free cheese (we used sheeps parmesan)
- Fresh thyme
- Cell Squared Organic Ghee for cooking
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Halve the squash lengthwise (tip and stem) by inserting your knife point into the squash and rocking toward the base. Then remove your knife, flip the squash and insert the point into the same spot, but rock it toward the stem, pressing down firmly but carefully to split the squash in half.
- Scoop the seeds from pumpkin halves. Brush the pumpkin halves with melted ghee using a pastry brush until evenly covered. Place cut-side down on a baking tray.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes or until a knife easily pierces the squash (especially in thicker parts). It’s better for the squash to be on the softer side than firm.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, heat some ghee on a frying pan. Add the mince and saute until the meat has browned.
- Add the zucchini, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and cook until the zucchini is cooked.
- Remove from the heat.
- Once the pumpkin is ready, allow it to cool so it’s cool enough to handle. Flip them over so the cut-side is facing up and up gently scrape out some of the pumpkin flesh as you’ll need space for the filling.
- Add the scooped out pumpkin flesh into the mince mixture, along with ½ of the cheese and the liver powder and mix to combine.
- Fill the pumpkin to the brim with the filling. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and place back into the oven and roast for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Garnish with fresh thyme and a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!